Name:
Location: Evansville, Indiana, United States

Despiser of Stupid People. Read the title of the blog. You'll get it.

Monday, March 27, 2006

I am (once again) planning a fall vacation to the Pacific Northwest. I had been planning one for last year, but layoffs at $Evil_Dealership where I work prevented me from taking time off. So here I am again, planning this long anticipated trip.

Since it's been so long since I've been to Portland, I decided an investment in a Frommer's Guide to Oregon would be a worthwhile investment. I'm already loving the decision. This thing has more trivial and *totally* useful information. There are now places that I'm going to avoid, and places I didn't know existed that I can't wait to see. There is also a plethora of trivial facts about Oregon that are mostly useless (but interesting!) and, in some cases, totally bizarre.

Oregon has no Self-Service Gas Stations.

None.

What the hell?

It doesn't really bother me, except for the fact that I can't figure out why. It's killin' me! :D

On another front.....work.

I am still loving the new job. Completely. It has it's drawbacks (what job doesn't), but they're all minor shit compared to other jobs I've had in the past. Here's a little "Auto Industry" fact that nobody probably knows. Even at Dealerships where overall ratings are Excellent, the customer satisfaction percentage for the Body Shop portion af the business is usually a lot lower than the Service or Sales areas. Even if the shop does an A-1 bang-up job on the repair. Just because the car will never be the same again, and the customer knows it. Even if they can't tell the car was ever in an accident when they look at it or drive it, they know it's been smoooshed. And it colors their responses on the surveys. Yet......the shop I'm working at now has significantly higher numbers than industry standards. And it's all because of the guys out in the shop. I have *never* worked with a crew that is SO dedicated to making the accident completely "go away". You'd think that each and every one of the vehicles we work on actually belonged to the guys working on them. They are *that* picky about the final product that rolls out of the shop.

It's pretty cool, all in all.

It may just be that the "honeymoon" isn't over yet, but for now, I'm extremely happy doing what I'm doing. It's been a real challenge so far, seeing as I've never done anything like this before, and it's been extremely satisfying also.

The raise didn't hurt either. lol

More at another time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home