Name:
Location: Evansville, Indiana, United States

Despiser of Stupid People. Read the title of the blog. You'll get it.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Starting the day the Green way....






Woke up at an obscene hour and decided to take advantage of the cool morning and do a little hiking at the Audubon Nature Preserve that's around 10 miles down the road from me, right across the Mighty Ohio in Kentucky. The Lake is pretty calm, and since it's so calm and warm here, it's also pretty scummy, but still, it was all so peaceful. No noise except all the birds waking up with the sunrise, and once, some tremendous crashing of underbrush when I frightened the bejesus out of a whitetail, and it went leaping away. :D

1 Comments:

Blogger neen said...

Probably....It's so close, and so beautiful. And the sad thing is, I almost *never* ever see anyone else there. In the, oh, I don't know, 70 or 80 times in the last few years I've been going there to hike, I bet I've only seen other people (1 or 2 at a visit) 4 or 5 times. Granted, I'm usually there in the mornings on the weekends...but still! The locals don't know what they're missing.

And thanks for the "cool pics" remark. I'm getting better using this dang camera, and getting used to doing a little judicious "fixing" sometimes. I'll get better. :D

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home