Name:
Location: Evansville, Indiana, United States

Despiser of Stupid People. Read the title of the blog. You'll get it.

Sunday, July 23, 2006




This day was obviously my day to get oot and aboot, as is witnessed by the following pictures. This was the first time in all the years I've lived here that I went to the races. The $100.00 I took with me was whittled down to $60.00 by the time I got home, but it was well worth it. I bet on 7 races, anywhere from $10.00 to $30.00 per race, and didn't end up losing my shirt ( or in this case, my dress....now that would have been embarrassing ). Two of my winners ended up wearing the number 7. An omen? :D

At any rate...too much sun and just enough excitement and wine and BBQ ended up being a pretty perfect Sunday afternoon.

And yes, that's a real Bugler. No cheesy recordings here. And the guy's a Pro. Segued the "Call to the Post" into a bunch of different songs over the afternoon. Yankee Doodle Dandy....My Old Kentucky Home....and, of all things, the theme song to The Flintstones! Made me giggle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home