Name:
Location: Evansville, Indiana, United States

Despiser of Stupid People. Read the title of the blog. You'll get it.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Wow...Where'd I go?






....and, no, I haven't been on the road trip all this time.

Time for little catch-up.

I headed north to see one of the homes that Gene Stratton-Porter once lived in. This home was, I believe, her template for the Birdwoman's home in "A Girl of the Limberlost". It was, alas, not open to the public that day. I started to take a few photos of the outside of the home, and saw a man come out of the house onto the front porch. He told me that he was the curator, and as he was doing a few things inside that day, I (and an older gentleman who was also outside taking pics) could go inside and poke around for a few minutes. Yay! The home was lovely. Lots of wood and soothing colors. Except for the gold accents near the ceiling....not sure about that stuff. :D

Will start a new post for the next day worth of adventures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home